Thursday, June 4, 2009

Joanie's Butterfly


And left to kiss the cheek of Mother Nature

Nobody here can be denied such things

Make the ladies you love, come honey

No butterfly should be denied it's wings

(Joanie's Butterfly - Aerosmith)


Okay, so I said I wouldn't tell you my real name. I lied. Though I mostly go by Cam, my real name is indeed Joanie. Yes, like Joanie loves Chachi. That kind of Joanie.

This post is twofold (I guess threefold if you count the name part) about what makes me who I am. First of all, I am a huge fan of Aerosmith. I have been since I was a little girl, and the fact that they have a song with my name in the title just thrills me beyond compare. At some point, Steven Tyler sang MY name into a microphone for the world to hear. *dies* I don't think they have ever belted out a tune that I didn't enjoy to the fullest.

The fact that the song is Joanie's Butterfly makes it even better because you see I adore butterflies. For the longest time my favorite accessory was a butterfly hair clip, but since it went out of fashion I had to find a new way to carry my butterflies with me...



So I tattooed a butterfly on my skin. Yes, this is my lower back. As my friend Megan likes to say, it's my "tramp stamp". No, it's not colored. Maybe that also will tell you a bit about my personality. I intended originally to have it colored pink and blue, but decided to leave it completely black. Some things are just too good in their original form to be overdone.

It was so dark that I could hardly see
It smelled so sweet, you know who and Joanie
So many butterflies one could not see


No comments:

Post a Comment